Tuesday 2 June 2015

Writing Our Own W.I.T.s

This term we are doing things a bit differently. As part of our learning in Health and PE, we have selected an area of interest from our Health and P.E. brainstorm (scroll down). Some tasks are now ready and groups are starting tomorrow. The class have done fantastic - they have found that it is not so easy to write a learning task - lots of empathy for the teacher!

It is important to remember that it is the Learning to Learn skills and Cross Competency skills which are the areas we really want our students to develop through the W.I.T.s. These are the skills that help develop independent, life-long learners who can learn anything effectively!

I am very impressed by the standard of the tasks, the critical thinking gone into them and the open-mindedness displayed when I met with each group to discuss what they had written. Each group took feedback on board.

Here are some of the tasks:


5 comments:

  1. Wow, very impressive work Room 10. Mr A better watch out, he'll be out of a job soon! I look forward to been in your class while all this learning is going on, I'm sure you will all be able to teach me something new .

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these tasks are clever and the different things people are making is really cool. I cannot wait until the end results. Every one's knowledge will grow massively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about your new WITs Rm 10 and look forward to observing your learning as you work your way through your tasks. Please feel free to share your questions, your research ideas and sources of information with me. (Don't forget to cite the site you sight!) You know I am always interested. We have several non fiction books that could reveal extra info for all of these topics too. I can also think of an expert whom you know who could help the tsunami people gain a greater understanding of their learning task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great title Survive The Natural Phenomenon and Disasters.
    but what does Natural Phenomenon mean.
    it looks is a very impressive wit.
    kind regards jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack
      Natural phenomenon means formed by earth not man made. What is your Wit? I think it is bush survival but I am not sure

      Delete